Family Photo

Family Photo
This was taken in 1991

Webber Children

Webber Children
1981

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Remembering Arnie

Arnie shared my love for books and reading but he didn't just read a book he absorbed it. I marveled at his ability to file away information in his remarkable memory and bring it out when discussing a topic. After he and his family moved farther away from us and our visits were infrequent I missed our discussions of books, politics, social customs, history or whatever came up, Our reading tastes were different. Mine ran to lighter reading but I admired his ability to lose himself in heavier material. Our politics were different,too. I am a Democrat and he was a Republican and our differences led to some lively discussions, which we both enjoyed and which I missed when they moved away.
Arnie's poltical maps. where he tracked the votes by party through the states and counties, were very important to him. We all were so proud and happy for him when National Geographic purchased a set of his maps. I often thought of Arnie during this last election, when the large maps were displayed on TV showing the voting patterns. I hoped he was well enough to enjoy watching it.
Arnie loved his family and often told me what a wonderful wife he had and how proud he was of his children. He will be missed even though we know he is in a better place and must be very happy to have left his tired body. He must be meeting some of the people he had researched and got their records ready for their temple work. When he and Jill moved to Salt Lake they were both in their element where they had access to all the genealogical records, Arnie was ecstatic about doing research and I'm sure there are many people where he is now that are thanking him. I wish him well and proud to be his mother-in-law.
Mary King

No comments: